Saturday, November 12, 2011

Garage Sales - Few and Far Between

My honey spied a garage sale sign yesterday while we were running errands.  Yipeeeeee.  We just had to go if nothing more than to get out of the car, walk around and talk to the seller about their stuff.

Among the mundane things, I found an American Dictionary of the English Language, Facsimile (copy) First Edition, Noah Webster 1828.  The pages are perfect and look new - which they are, but in an old style.  The book is approximately 8.5 x 11 inches and at least two inches thick.   It was $.50.

I snatched it up as I had just the decoupage project in mind.  Don't want to play my hand just yet as I need to do some testing with the book pages and glue.  You will know soon enough under the craft section, but this is a BIG project that has been bugging me for several years, and I have made several false starts.  It is located at the intersections of functionality, fun and crafting.

I don't want to jinks it so, I will keep it under my hat until I am sure it can work and more importantly that I like the effect.   Of course, I will take before and after shots if you will excuse the junk in the area.




No comments:

Post a Comment